STAYING FOCUSED




Since I started woodburning the one thing I have learned is patience.
You can never and I repeat NEVER rush your work. You will not be happy with the result and neither will your buyers if you sell.  Start on a low setting and slowly layer your shade on. In a past blog on 4/4/19, I explained shading and light, this will help your projects not seem "flat".





🕰The First thing you need to remember is not to overbook orders. Most customers will understand that woodburning is an art and art cannot be rushed! This is easy to explain if it is a personalized piece or a portrait.



  • Make a daily goal and STOP. If you can "chop" your piece up into grids or 1/4 or 1/2. Whatever is your preference on time and energy!
There is a difference between the time you spend working and how much work you get done.Have you ever spent  days working a big project and it doesn't look as good as a small one that took an hour? Productivity is more important than time spent. Don't work longer than an hour or two without a break.

Start on a low  heat setting and slowly heat up for a layered look. Practice this and you will see the difference in your work. If you start dark you will not get the shade and layers you need and your work will look flat. Always shade to your outlines, if you outline dark you will have an edge that just looks tacky and unprofessional. When you do this you will not want to work a long time, BELIEVE ME! Your eyes and hands will thank you for it! (not to mention your bladder!)


When I am about halfway through my project, I always put it away and start a new one or take a break! This will ensure you give your piece a "second look" ....a few days or just a few hours is enough time to step back and see what needs improvement or some more time.
I always have 2 or 3 projects started at one time. Even if you take an hour or two between each daily, just some time away will better your piece.
HAPPY BURNING!!
Leave me a comment or question below.

Don't forget to follow me on the web version if your reading on your mobile!!





                   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate the comments, make sure to sign up for email and leave any questions and I will get back to you!